Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dirt Lover

We have had a very rainy week, which means we really had to get creative with activities indoors. However, there were moments when the rain let up, we could sneak out, and find something to get into. During this particular break between showers we went on a rescue mission of sorts. We have a turtle. His name is Peeka. We had another turtle. His name was Boo. Notice the past tense. Boo is no longer with us. We don't like to talk about it. Anyway, Peeka's pond was getting filled with too much water from all the rain, so we needed to pail some out. That was the initial objective, but Miah Jane rather leave that to Mama and play in the dirt. Normally I don't like to let her do this, because she just constantly tries to eat it, but we'd been cooped up in the house so long that in my stir crazy weakness I caved. I don't use any chemicals on my plants, so I let her have at it.........a little dirt never hurt anybody right?

Feels yummy.

I need another fist full to be sure.


I'm pretty sure Mama doesn't let me put this in my mouth.


She's trying really hard to show me how delicious this looks.


Ah, geez.

Evidence all over her face.
Try and be firm with that face staring back at you!
I'm doomed.

Moving on.

There's my smiling girl!

OK, let's take care of the turtle pond.

I'm here to help you Peeka!

Hello Jane Miah.

This looks a lot better than the last time I saw it.

Moo-ah!
Dirt sure looks good on ya kid!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jo, she couldn't get any more adorable, remember the old saying, "God made dirt, dirt don't hurt!" Great times!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH this is my favorite! I love you Baby!
    Aunt Leah

    ReplyDelete

Miah Jane's Sountrack

MJ's Visitor Counter