Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks in the Windy City

It seemed as if we were in and out of O'Hare airport in the wink of an eye.  Yes I wrote wink.  I like the sound of wink better than blink.  Reason being, there is always something special behind a wink versus a blink isn't there? 

Thanksgiving 2010 was absolutely special. 

I have to apologize I did not come through with very many pictures capturing our week.  The flash on our little camera isn't working for one.  Two, the Florida girl that I have become is proven in the few blurry pictures I did snap with each shiver and teeth chatter.  IT WAS FREAKING COLD DUDE!!  Three, I was just too dang busy having a good time.  So please accept my apology for such a piss poor post.

THANK YOU does no where near the justice needed to be extended to my Aunt Kim, Uncle Duke and family for their gracious hospitality.  Between the eggs made to order every morning and forfeited beds each night the coziness of our stay will be always be remembered and never taken for granted.  Cedar Lake Vukobratovich's oh how we love you....insert wink here.

Now on to a few pics.........

 We visited Lincoln Park Zoo early in the week. 
Here's a sweet shot of MJ admiring one of the gorillas. 
Truly beautiful animals.

 I'm not quite sure who was messing with who here.  MJ or the beaver?


Little Miss Shopper showing us what she wants for Christmas from Land of Nod.
Ah P.S. Land of Nod kicks ass!! 
My whole family might have had a little too much fun there.

We toured the World of Christmas at the Museum of Science and Industry.
Getting into the Christmas spirit with Gpa!!
Miah clapped nonstop through this entire exhibit.  Really precious.

Checking out what Chicago's night life has to offer with Auntie Tanya and Uncle Jordi.
(yes my shivering ruined this pic, but you get the idea)


Speaking of Uncle Jordi and Auntie Tanya......they had some fun taking pictures of Miah with their super duper camera in my Uncle's backyard.  The only part of this I had anything to do with is possibly 50 percent of my kid's cuteness.......otherwise these are all courtesy of them.  Oh and MJ.







Wink of an eye I tell ya........for thee I am thankful.

5 comments:

  1. Great Pics.....love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me homesick for the city I left long ago. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pictures of Miah..>she is a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was far from a piss poor post! LOL It looked soooo cold. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your beautiful family. Awesome pics! MJ's outfits were diva perfect...well done mommy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos of Miah Jane...it's been awhile since I've had time to comment on anything, but I love looking at all of the photos! She's the cutest! BIG HUG! Randalynn

    ReplyDelete

Miah Jane's Sountrack

MJ's Visitor Counter