Sunday, November 7, 2010

No Tricks and All Treats continued....

Halloween night we were welcomed to the Jarbo Family home and neighborhood party to trick or treat.  We met up with the Schaps Gang and plenty of other great company that night to watch Miah Jane's first night of this house to house ritual unfold.  Well that's what I hoped to happen anyway.  Now, anyone who knows me knows that it is no secret I like candy.  Ok, I like cake, cookies, cupcakes, ice cream......sugar.  With that being said, naturally I like Halloween.  It just so happened that my daughter was dressed irresistibly cute and is too young to be eating candy.  This is where I hoped to come in.......BUT Miah Jane had other plans.  It was as if her father was here conspiring against me........he would constantly tease me about my sugar addiction.  He used to say that I was going to eat myself in to a diabetic coma.  The ironic thing about that is he would say that to me as his 14th cigarette of the day would hang out of his mouth.....ah but who was counting.....anyway I severely just digressed.  Sorry.  So as I was saying Miah Jane wanted nothing to do with collecting candy for her Mama and everything to do with exploring the neighborhood.

Ok so now what Mama?
How about letting me walk in the street?
Later dudes......
...no really Mama I'm good.
Aaaand this isn't starting out well.
She needed to sit it out for a minute.....
......collect herself.
Let's try this again.
Right back to the street.
Then she wanted to sit in the gutter.
Crab crawl in the grass.
Crab crawl on the sidewalk.
Stare at herself in this shiny truck bumper.
Play with a neighbor's votive candles for their pumpkins. 
 I have to mention this woman actually let MJ take a votive candle.  I think she would have let her take anything she owned she was swooning over my cupid so much.  I can't blame her.
Aaand back to not trick or treating and kissing a random neighborhood dog.
Trying to steal some poor kid's bike.
Climbing in a random lawn chair in some random driveway.
By the end of the night she figured out what to do.
Got you some Nerds Mama!!

That's my girl.  I knew I could count on you!
Of course my sweet girl is all the sugar I need.


1 comment:

  1. Next year will be a blast! She will collect plenty of candy for you...I promise. She did great for a one year old and was the cutest tricker treater on the block! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Miah Jane's Sountrack

MJ's Visitor Counter