Thursday, October 7, 2010

NYC......check!

We were all packed and amped to Jetblue it on up to the Big Apple, but the weather had other plans for us last Thursday evening.  Our girl's weekend was cut short by a day due to our cancelled flight, but that sure didn't stop us from having a fabulous time the three days we shared with our Trisha!  My best friend Trish and her husband Erin are expecting a baby girl this November.  The baby shower was this past Sunday and we wouldn't miss it for anything.  Not even a tropical storm. 

Photobucket

I'm ready to show this city what I'm made of Mama!

Photobucket

Got my boarding pass!

Photobucket

Lets do this!

Photobucket

Where's the plane already!

Photobucket

Miah Jane did so well on the plane once again.  I highly recommend a portable DVD player.....oh and an Auntie Tanya that carries all the bags.  As I mentioned our trip was cut short by a day, so we were on a mission to have fun from the get go.  Trish picked us up at JFK and we headed back to her and Erin's apartment in Forest Hills, Queens to freshen up and then off to the upper westside of Manhattan for a play date with our new friend lovely lady Liliah.

Photobucket

Liliah's parents, Rachael and Allen, have a view of Central Park out their living/dining room window.  As my little girl plays with her new friend I occasionally glance out the window and pinch myself during one of my many surreal moments in my new life.  I love New York.  I crave it a couple times a year.  Not only because my best girl lives there, but because there's no place like it that I've been.  I couldn't wait to bring Miah Jane here and I can't wait to continue to.

Photobucket

I love watching Miah Jane make friends one by one.  So far she's done well.  She has a gentle way about her that is very familar.  I've noticed several times now that her objective when she meets a new little person is to play.  Not to take.  Maybe I'm just an ignorant and biased new Mom and that stage is yet to come, but can't help but hope good nature has been bred in her.  It's just so precious to watch as it unfolds one little motion at a time.  I wish it could be bottled up and kept forever.

Photobucket

Check out these beauties huh!  One of my favorite things about New York is, yes the food, but actually the fact that you can walk down the street, get your hair blown out straight, buy your daughter a pair of tights to go with her party dress, and grab six scrumptous cupcakes all in one shot!  No driving all across town...just walking a couple blocks out your front door.  Love it!  Oh this bakery does not mess around either.......Martha's Country Bakery.......harps start playing in my head when I walk in this place.  I make it a point to stop in every time I visit.  Now I can share it with my Baby Girl.

Photobucket


I think she can hear the harps now too.  Sooo yummy!

Photobucket

Saturday afternoon we drove to Long Island where Trish's mom threw her a baby shower at the splendid Westbury Manor.  The venue was perfect, as was every detail.  We had such a great time with such great people.  The weather was unbelievably, beautiful that day too.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Outside the manor there was a gorgeous garden that Miah Jane was just dying to check out.  Needless to say the tights I bought her earlier that day didn't hold up very well during her exploration.  We can't fret about things like that too much.  So we don't.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I had to sneak a picture of Auntie Tanya in here somewhere.  She was behind the camera snapping away most of the weekend.  Thank you so much for being my right and left hand during this trip my special little sister!

This picture was taken during a delightful brunch at Kitchenettes in Tribeca. 
Their grilled cornbread is delish!

Photobucket

Since Miah Jane has started to walk she's rarely restrained back home, but New Work is a whole new deal.  You can't exactly let your one year old slowly meander down a sidewalk or in a store.  Well maybe some of you can, but I can't.  MJ was confined to a stroller, highchair, or carseat quite often during this trip.  She was pretty frustrated about it at times, so I felt we needed to let her get it all out at Union Square Park.  I think she heard harps when she saw this playground!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

It was a unique afternoon watching Miah Jane chase pigeons, stop to blink at traffic, dazzle passerbys with her charm, and make her first mark in this concrete jungle.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Auntie Trisha we miss our daily dose of you in person. Thank you and Erin for an unforgettable three days. We can't wait for what more is in store for all of us when Baby Girl Molyneux arrives.  We heart you deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miah Jane's Sountrack

MJ's Visitor Counter