Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Forward

And so we meet again.......February has come and gone.  February.  I fought like hell to get that month back, but I might have been a tad too ambitious just yet.  Oh it's on the horizon I'm not going down like that, but what I quickly came to realize is it's gonna take more than two years.  I lived and relived last month.  A two year anniversary of a couple firsts followed by too many lasts, with one awesome new tradition in between.


The first of what I hope to be many more........Annual Beckman Valentine's Day Celebration of Love!!
Thank you everyone.  LOTS of LOVE in the room that night.

And so here we are March 8th and the hard lesson life felt the need to teach me.....it goes on.  It might feel like Ground Hog Day sometimes, but it's not a joke as I listen to the in and out breathes MJ takes in rythm to my typing in bed.  I look at her and know it's going to be okay again.  As I have said before I have to believe the simple pleasures she and I share keep us tied to a very special man.


Enough said.


So with that recognition out of the way let's let Spring do what it does best......and move us. 
Move us and mold us in a way that only new life can.
Sorry nobody does it better than Miah Jane in my world.....

First, my Little Wing showed all the birds how it's done.
(Jeremiah suprised me with this bird bath in my rose garden on my 29th birthday)

She didn't really like where Mama placed the mushrooms and felt the need to rearrange.

After all that hard work it was time to share an apple with Mama.
(Notice the pigtails.  Yes her hair has gotten that long!)

Now get out there and Spring Forward everybody!!
Nice to be back with you in the blogosphere that moping stuff is for the birds!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there...I just stumbled across your sweet little blog. Hello from another young widowed mama! You may enjoy this quote (although I am not totally sure who said it....):
    A widow..." is strong, independent, inspiring, courageous, powerful and amazing! She has a broken but mending heart, broken but mending wings, broken but mending life. She is not afraid because she is a survivor!!! She takes life by the hand and leads it down HER path!
    All the very best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I love Miah Jane. I am blessed to share a part in your journey. Thanks for always posting the best pictures of my little monkey.

    ReplyDelete

Miah Jane's Sountrack

MJ's Visitor Counter